German to English - Certified Birth Certificate Translation
Official Certified Birth Certificate Translation
My certified translations of birth certificates are accepted by all UK Government Departments, the UK Home Office, Embassies, UK NARIC, HM Passport Office, UK insurance companies and banks, as well as schools and universities.
When you need a certified translation of a birth certificate from German into English, you must ensure that the translator you use is fully qualified.
There are no certified translators or sworn translators in the UK, but translators who are qualified and members of a professional institute like the Chartered Institute of Linguists or the Institute of Translation and Interpreting certify their own translations. These translations are accepted by the Home Office and all other UK government bodies for all official purposes.
The Home Office accepts certified translations of birth certificates provided by a UK-based translator when:
- the translator is a member of an official professional organisation, for example the Institute of Translation & Interpreting (ITI) or the Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIoL).
- the translator works for a company that belongs to the Association of Translation Companies.
Home Office Guidance
Home Office guidance for a certified translation of birth certificates from German into English reads.
When you need to provide a certified translation of a birth certificate that’s not written in English or Welsh:
- it must be accompanied by a full translation that can be independently verified by the Home Office. Every translation must contain:
- confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document
- date of translation
- translator’s full name and signature
- translator’s qualifications and professional affiliation
- translator’s contact information
Full information on translations accepted by the Home Office can be found on page 48 in this pdf file.
Professional Certified Birth Certificate Translation
I specialise in the certified translation of birth certificates from German into English. In addition, I offer certified translations of birth certificates from English into German, provided the documents are submitted through the German Embassy.
Explore my certification pages for detailed information on the rules and regulations governing the certified translation of bank statements from German into English.