Certified translations of official documents

You may need certified translations of official documents if you have lived abroad for any time. You may have birth, marriage or divorce certificates in another language than that of the country you live in now. Maybe you studied, worked or simply lived in a country where the natives spoke German, Romanian, Russian, Danish, Chinese, Spanish, Polish, French, Portuguese or Italian. As a result, you now have qualifications and/or references written in those languages. Unfortunately, to your employers, these documents are double-Dutch in their current format.

Another reason for needing certified translations: you may be planning to emigrate and therefore need documents in a foreign language. These documents often need to be translated by a qualified translator who can certify the accuracy of their translation.

Most of our freelance translators will happily provide certified UK translations of official documents such as:

  • Birth certificatesCertified translations of official documents - German examples
  • Marriage certificates
  • Divorce certificates
  • Police clearance certificates
  • Exam certificates
  • Employers’ references
  • Official registry office certificates
  • Military service certificates
  • Court documents and
  • Other legal, insurance or medical documents

For the majority of these translations, a certificate of accuracy provided by the translator will suffice. Occasionally notarisation may be required. Sworn translations can be obtained if the translator living in the UK visits a notary public. To find definitions and further information, please visit our Certification FAQ page.

For UK customers we offer certified translations of official documents from and into a number of languages, including German to English, Swedish to English and French to English. Other language pairs are constantly added to our translators’ directory.

For people moving to the UK, the British government’s website gov.uk contains reliable in-depth information about certified translations for various purposes. If you are still in doubt, ring up the immigration authorities, your local registrar or ask your employer or university or any other authority you’re dealing with.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This