Swedish-English translations, UK
Peter Bowen BA MITI
I have been providing Swedish-English translations from my London-based office since 1992. Additionally, I am qualified to supply certified translations for use in the UK or Sweden.
In 1986 I obtained a BA (hons) from the University of Bristol in Modern Languages (French and German). I also hold a Postgraduate Diploma in Technical and Specialised Translation from Polytechnic of Central London. This postgraduate qualification was received in 1991. I qualified in the languages: French, German, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian and Greek.
In 1994 I became a full member of ITI. I am a member of the Swedish Association of Professional Translators, SFÖ. I have been a state-authorised translator in Sweden since 2010 and am a member of the Swedish Federation of Authorised Translators, FAT.
Due to the large network of translators I have established, I can take on projects in many language directions. I am not only qualified to translate Swedish to English but also to work from Danish, Norwegian, German and French into English.
Swedish-English translations for a variety of clients
I undertake translations for businesses, government agencies and private clients. Having said that, the majority of my clients are SMEs. My client base includes limited companies, professional organisations, law firms, museums, academics, government agencies and private individuals.
With over 20 years’ experience, I specialise in a number of languages (Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, French and German into English) and subject areas:
- Certified translation of official documents
- Technical translation
- Art and culture
In addition, I offer language revision in German and English.
Types of documents
I have worked on translation projects involving many different types of document, including legal and financial texts:
- Business-related – cooperation agreements, non-disclosure agreements, business terms and conditions
- Judicial system-related – legislation, court judgments, claims, defence documents
- Financial documents – articles of association, annual reports
- Insurance industry-related – insurance reports, insurance policies
- Medical documents – psychiatric and medical assessments
- Miscellaneous – business and personal correspondence
- Certified translations – Swedish birth certificates, death certificates, marriage certificates, school certificates and a variety of other official and unofficial documents
- Art – translation of several books
Authorised/certified Swedish-English translations
I am a state-authorised translator in Sweden.
This means that I can stamp and authorise translated documents from Swedish to English. I can also authorise English translations of official Swedish documents by other translators. As I am a qualified member of ITI, I can self-certify translations.
Please always bear in mind that different organisations have different requirements. Therefore, it is essential to find out what type of certification you need for your document before ordering the translation from me.
Translation services rates
Please send me an email (ideally with the document(s) for translation attached) or give me a ring, and I will give you a quote for your project.