Spanish-English translation services, Plymouth, UK
Ana Ricca MA FCCA MCIL AITI
I offer freelance Spanish-English translation services as well as interpreting services to business clients and private individuals. I mainly work for customers in the UK but also have some clients based in Spain. My office is based in Plymouth, Devon. I also offer certified Spanish to English translation services.
Areas of expertise
My areas of expertise for Spanish to English translations include the fields of accounting and finance, commercial and legal documents. I am experienced in the translation of many different types of documents. As well as working on translation projects large and small, from extensive websites to eBay and Amazon sales blurb, I also provide certified Spanish-English translations.
My qualifications include an Honours Degree in English and a Masters in Translation Studies. What is more, I am a Chartered Certified Accountant.
In the past twenty years I have worked for international organisations in a variety of sectors. However, I was mainly active in a senior accounting and finance role in engineering, exports, manufacturing, banking, pharmaceutical and medical companies.
This experience has enabled me to develop a deep understanding of business practices both in the UK and Spain. It also afforded me insights into a wide range of industry sectors, products and services. These include:
- renewable energies
- IT infrastructure
- art exhibitions
My native language is Spanish, but I moved to the UK in 1992. Having lived in the UK for over 20 years has made English my “language of habitual use”. The Chartered Institute of Linguists concedes that linguists whose second language has become their “language of habitual use” may translate into that language.
I now live in Plymouth, Devon.
Membership of professional bodies
I became a Member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists in 2012.
In addition to being an associate membership of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting, I am a member of the Spanish Association of Translators, Copy-editors and Interpreters (ASETRAD).
I am a fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
Independent Spanish-English translation services plus interpreting assignments, Plymouth
I provide specialist Spanish-English translation services for firms of solicitors and accountants. I offer Spanish to English and English-Spanish translations of a large variety of commercial documents for many different purposes and occasions, including:
- website translation
- company and product information, e.g. brochures and other marketing materials
- sales listings for Amazon, eBay and other web traders
- corporate transactions and communications, business correspondence, business reviews and updates
- policies and procedures, e.g. HR policies or finance policies
- technical translations
- user manuals and instructions, employee manuals
- contracts and agreements
- presentations and training material, e.g. audit and accounting, leadership, operations, imports and exports, general management, human resources, strategy, health & safety, manufacturing, supply chain, lean, six sigma, general financial markets and banking.
Past translation projects
Please find below a few examples of Spanish-English translation projects undertaken for private individuals in the past:
- certified translations of professional qualifications, exam certificates, employers’ references, police clearance certificates, birth certificates, divorce certificates etc
- translations of correspondence with tax authorities, banks, accountants, solicitors
- I have translated presentations and speeches (e.g. wedding speeches)
- translations of personal documents and letters
- and many other documents requiring translation.
Personal Spanish-English interpreting services for businesses in Devon and Cornwall
I am an experienced interpreter between Spanish and English. With many years’ experience of providing interpreting services in Devon and Cornwall, I work from my Plymouth base. I can visit your offices or provide telephone interpreting services for any business wherever they are in the UK.
Telephone interpreting services anywhere in the UK
I also put my interpreting skills to use in those instances where it may be more effective to deliver a quick oral translation rather than a full written one, thus saving you time and money. Alternative services may prove more cost-effective than a full written translation in some situations. Therefore I offer translation/interpreting services like:
- providing a short oral summary of a document in English or Spanish so that you can decide whether the document needs a full written translation;
- translations provided instantly over the phone;
- translated written summaries;
- making phone calls on clients’ behalf;
- assisting you with official forms;
- business interpreting in Cornwall and Devon (and cities easily accessible from Plymouth);
- telephone interpreting.
Please send me the documents you need translating from Spanish to English or vice versa or give me as much detail as you can of the interpreting project you would like me to take on.
I will then quote you a price in pound sterling for my Spanish-English translation services or interpreting assignments. Naturally, I treat all documents confidentially.
I prefer payment by direct bank transfer but I also accept cheques. Full details and payment terms will be included in the quotation and invoice.
Clients may choose other payment options. However, they must pay all additional charges and transaction fees thus incurred and make sure that the amount received equals the amount invoiced.