Polish-English translations and interpreting services, covering Kent and London
Anna Dobson BA (Hons) MA NRPSI MCIL
My name is Anna Dobson. I offer Polish-English translations and interpreting services to clients in Kent, London, UK-wide and beyond. I am an experienced, qualified Polish-English language translator and interpreter. Born and raised in Poland, I moved to the UK in 2008. I work freelance.
I obtained a BA in English studies and complemented it with an MA in American studies in Poland. The lOL Educational Trust awarded me the Metropolitan Police Test Certificate. I am a member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists as well as the National Register of Public Service Interpreters.
I have been providing Polish-English and English-Polish translations and interpreting services in the UK since 2008. My interpreting work is concentrated in Kent and London. My clients are usually based in Ashford, Canterbury, Dover, Folkestone, Margate and London.
- Contact Me
- Translation and Interpreting
- Certified Translations
- Translation Rates
- Quotes and Payment Options
Independent Polish-English translations plus interpreting services
My Polish-English translation services include:
- Business: Legal Documents like Contracts and Agreements, General Documentation for Business Use, Reports, Training Material;
- Advertising and Marketing: Flyers, Brochures, Posters, Leaflets and other Printed Material, Handbooks, Newsletters, Guide Books;
- Medical Documentation;
- Fashion: Various Clothing Catalogues;
- EU Projects: General, Political and Legal Issues, Human Rights;
- Insurance: Accident and General Insurance Documentation;
- Legal: Criminal, Employment, Family-related,
- Sport and Leisure: Hotels and other Accommodation, Travel and Tourism;
- Further Skills: Proofreading.
I am also experienced in translating personal letters, mortgage-related documentation, police statements and many other documents which business and private clients may need translating.
A 24-hour-turnaround-service is available for some types of work, especially short certified translations.
Polish-English interpreting services in Greater London and Kent
I offer the following Polish-English interpreting services both in London and in the Kent area:
- Consecutive and Simultaneous Interpreting;
- Face to Face Interpreting;
- Police and Court Interpreting.
I have considerable experience interpreting for a many different clients, such as:
- Local Councils;
- Citizens Advice Bureaux;
- The National Health Service;
- Government Agencies like: British Transport Police, The Crown Prosecution Service, HM Courts and Tribunals Service and HM Revenue & Customs, Kent Police and Victim Support.
Furthermore, I have worked with a number of translation agencies over the past years.
Polish-English certified translations
I offer certified Polish-English translations of the following document types:
- Birth, Death, Marriage and Divorce Certificates;
- Academic Qualifications;
- CRB Checks;
- Work References;
- and other Official Documents for Private Clients and Businesses.
Same-day certification service offered
For one-page certificates like birth, marriage or death certificates I offer a same-day certification service in the UK. This means translating your official document and sending the certified translation on the day I receive your instructions and your certificate. (Most documents can be sent to me by email.)
Polish-English translation services rates
Translation rates for Polish-English translations of documents of a general nature start at £80 per 1000 words (£0.08 per word).
My minimum fee is £30.
Charges for Polish-English certified translations start at £90 per 1000 words (£0.09 per word) or minimum fee whichever is higher.
Polish-English interpreting rates
I charge an hourly rate of £50 for interpreting services. This rate applies to all interpreting assignments from Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. However, interpreting work not falling inside these days and hours and on bank holidays will be charged at an hourly rate of £75.
My minimum charge which applies to all Polish-English interpreting assignments is the cost of three hours at the appropriate rate.
The hourly interpreting rates quoted above do not include travel costs and travel time. There is a charge of £30 per hour for travel time. Car travel costs are charged at £0.50 per mile to and from an assignment.
A cancellation fee of £50 will be charged to clients cancelling a booking up to 24 hours before an interpreting assignment.
Obtaining a quote for Polish-English translations or interpreting services in the UK
For a free quote, please email me the document(s) which you need to have translated. For interpreting jobs please specify subject matter, envisaged hours and place of assignment as clearly as possible.
Ideally, payment for translation and interpreting services should be made by direct bank transfer. But I also accept cheques.