English-Polish translations, UK
Anna Dobson BA (Hons) MA NRPSI MCIL
I am Anna Dobson BA (Hons) MA NRPSI MCIL. I am a qualified freelance English-Polish language translator and interpreter based in Kent, UK. Born and raised in Poland, I have been living in the UK since 2008. I have provided English-Polish translations and interpreting services in the UK since 2008.
Areas of expertise
My areas of expertise for English-Polish translations are:
- Advertising and Marketing: Brochures, Flyers, Leaflets & Printed Material, Guide Books, Handbooks & Newsletters;
- Business: Contracts, General Business Documentation, Training;
- Fashion: Catalogues, Clothing;
- EU Matters: General and Political, Law and Justice, Human Rights;
- Insurance: Accident;
- Law: Criminal, Employment, Family;
- Leisure and Sport: Hotels and Accommodation, Tourism, Travel;
- Other Skills: Proofreading.
The companies I work for are mainly based in Canterbury, Ashford, Dover, Margate and Folkestone. I also carry out English-Polish translating and interpreting work for businesses in London.
I offer English-Polish certified translation services for businesses and private clients.
I hold a BA in English studies and an MA in American studies which I completed in Poland. I also hold the Metropolitan Police Test Certificate from the loL Educational Trust. In addition I am a member of the National Register of Public Service Interpreters and the Chartered Institute of Linguists.
- Contact Me
- Translation and Interpreting
- Certified Translations
- Translation Rates
- Quotes and Payment Options
Freelance English-Polish translations and interpreting services, Kent and London areas
My English-Polish translation services include:
- Business Reports;
- Brochures, Posters & Leaflets;
- European Union Projects;
- Insurance Documentation;
- Legal Contracts and Agreements;
- Medical Documentation;
- Personal Letters;
- Mortgage-related Documentation;
- Police Statements;
- and many more.
English-Polish interpreting services in Kent and Greater London
I offer the following English-Polish interpreting services in the Kent area and London:
- Consecutive and Simultaneous Interpreting
- Face to Face Interpreting
- Court Interpreting
- Police Interpreting
Agencies and businesses I have worked for
I have considerable experience working as an English-Polish interpreter for:
- Citizens Advice Bureaux;
- HM Revenue & Customs;
- Judiciary and Courts (in Ashford, Canterbury, Dover, Folkestone and Margate);
- Local Councils;
- The National Health Service (Birchington Medical Centre, Bethesda Medical Centre in Margate, The Limes Surgery in Margate, Queen Victoria Memorial Hospital, Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital in Margate, Newington Road Surgery in Ramsgate, Kent and Canterbury Hospital in Canterbury, BMI The Chaucer Hospital in Canterbury);
- Police Constabularies (in Ashford, Canterbury, Dover, Folkestone and Margate);
The solicitors I have provided English-Polish translations and interpreting services for include: Accident Injury Solicitors, Bond Joseph Solicitors, Boys & Maugham Solicitors, CK Law Solicitors and Moore Blatch Resolve.
I have also worked for government agencies like the British Transport Police, The Crown Prosecution Service, Gangmasters Licensing Authority, HM Revenue & Customs and HM Courts & Tribunals Service, Kent Police and the charity Victim Support.
I have provided English-Polish translations and interpreting services to translation agencies like: Aalami World Languages, Absolute Translations Ltd, Alpha Language Services, Bostico International, Burravoe, Capita Interpreting and Translation, Cintra, Global Voices, Kessler Associates Proofreading & Translations, K International, Knockhundred Translations, Language Line, LST Bookings, Prime Production and Translation World.
English-Polish interpreting services for the Kent and London area
I regularly carry out English-Polish translations and interpreting work for companies, government agencies and private individuals in Dover, Canterbury, Ashford, Margate and Folkestone and will travel as far as London, if required.
Other Eastern European translation service providers
You can find other Iolante translators on this website who offer Eastern European languages.
For Russian language services visit our Russian translator‘s page.
For our Romanian translator visit our Romanian translation service provider‘s page.
Certified English-Polish translation services
I provide certified English-Polish translations of:
- Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates,
- Academic Qualifications,
- Work References,
- CRB Checks,
- and other Official Documents for Business or Private Clients.
I offer a same-day service for one-page certificates like marriage, birth or death certificates in the UK. This means carrying out and sending the certified translation the same day I receive the certificate and your instructions.
English-Polish translation services rates
- General texts: from £80 per 1000 words (£0.08 per word)
- Certified translations: £90 per 1000 words (£0.09 per word) or minimum fee whichever is higher
- Minimum fee: £30
English-Polish interpreting rates
My hourly rate for interpreting services is £50. This rate applies to interpreting assignments from Monday to Friday between 8am and 6pm. Interpreting work outside of these days and hours and on bank holidays will be charged at £75 per hour.
A minimum charge applies to all English-Polish interpreting assignments: three hours at the appropriate rate.
The above hourly interpreting rates do not include travel time and travel costs. Travel time is charged at £30 per hour. I invoice £0.50 per mile for car travel to and from an assignment.
Clients cancelling a booking up to 24 hours before an assignment will incur a cancellation fee of £50.
How to obtain a quote for English-Polish translations or for interpreting services
To receive a free quote, please email me the document which needs to be translated or specify your interpreting needs (envisaged hours, subject, place of assignment).
My preferred method of payment is direct bank transfer. However, I also accept cheques.