English-Italian Translations, Italy
Giulia Bancheri MA MCIL ASETRAD
My name is Giulia Bancheri, BA (Hons), PgD, MA (Distinction), MCIL, ASETRAD. Over the last 20 years, I have provided English-Italian freelance translations as well as proof-reading and editing services to businesses and private clients all over the world. I also offer certified and sworn translations from English and Spanish into Italian. My areas of specialisation include legal, audiovisual, marketing and books (fiction and non-fiction). I am based in Gorizia (Italy).
In addition to the above, I have lectured undergraduate and master courses in translation (modules: audiovisual, law, technical-scientific) at the Università degli Studi di Udine (Italy) over a period of 10 years.
In 1995 I obtained the Ba (Hons) in Translation (English and Spanish into Italian) from the Scuola Superiore di Lingue Moderne per Interpreti e Traduttori, Università degli Studi di Trieste. I also hold a Postgraduate Diploma in Translation from the Universidad de Valencia (Spain). What is more, I have a Master’s degree in Legal Translation from the Dipartimento di Scienze Giuridiche, del Linguaggio, dell’Interpretazione e della Traduzione, Università degli Studi di Trieste.
I have been a member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists and the Asociación Española de Traductores, Correctores e Intérpretes (ASETRAD) since 2009.
English-Italian freelance translations for businesses and private clients
While I cover a wide variety of subjects, I specialise in the following subject areas:
I have translated European Parliament verbatim reports of proceedings, agreements, disclaimers, letters of intent, licenses, powers of attorney, wills. Furthermore, I provide sworn translations from English to Italian. Documents I have tranlsated in the past include death, birth, marriage, divorce and police clearance certificates, as well as certificates of studies, school leavers’ certificates and more.
Subtitling: Cueing, translation and QC of commercial projects, series, shorts and feature films, documentaries for film festivals and DVDs. I am an experienced user of dedicated software.
Dubbing and voice-over: I carry out script and dialogue translation not only for cinema (feature films, documentaries) but also for TV programmes such as sitcoms, reality shows and series.
Documents I have translated include surveys, press kits, brochures, house organs, memos, POS material, product specifications, websites as well as training manuals.
Fiction and non-fiction books and specialised articles
I have experience in translating comic books, children’s books, art catalogues, music books, cinema catalogues, art and architecture as well as educational material from English to Italian.
Examples of English to Italian translations undertaken
- Priya’s Shakti, Ram Devineni, www.priyashakti.com, 2016.
- Lo specchio di Priya, Ram Devineni, www.priyashakti.com, 2016
- L’infanzia di domani, Riane Eisler, Udine, Forum Editrice Universitaria Udinese, 2016.
- La vera ricchezza delle nazioni, Riane Eisler, Udine, Forum Editrice Universitaria Udinese, 2015.
- Friulians in Canada, Sarah Rolfe Prodan, Udine, Forum Editrice Universitaria Udinese, 2014 (co-author).
- Nelson – Manuale di pediatria, R.M. Kliegman, K.J. Marcdante, H.B. Jenson, R.E. Behrman, Philadelphia, Elsevier-Saunders, 2012 (co-author).
- Compass, Global MS Nurse Journal, Berkshire, Compass Editor, 2007.
- Censored Project. Le 25 notizie più censurate, Bologna, Nuovi Mondi Media, 2007 (co-author).
- Il Sole nella Chiesa, John L. Heilbron, Bologna, Editrice Compositori, 2005 (co-author).
- Elisabetta Sirani. Una virtuosa del Seicento bolognese, Adelina Modesti, Bologna, Editrice Compositori, 2004 ((co-author).
- Esempi di buona pratica locale per la creazione di occupazione nel settore della pesca, Progetto Faro, European Commission Directorate-General XIV-Fisheries, December 2000.
- R.E.M., Carlos Monty, Valencia, La Máscara, 1995.
- Bob Marley, Carlos Monty, Valencia, La Máscara, 1995.
- 6 opere di Jonas Mekas, Lucca, Ragghianti Foundation, October 2008.
- Rassegna, International Review of Contemporary Architecture, Bologna, Editrice Compositori, December 2007 (miscellaneous articles).
- Opera Progetto, OP/4, International Review of Contemporary Architecture, Bologna, Editrice Compositori, June 2007 (miscellaneous articles).
- Michael Snow. Cinema, installazioni video e arti visuali, Lucca, Fondazione Ragghianti, 2007.
- Fotografia e architettura del Movimento moderno. La collezione Alberto Sartoris, Lucca, Ragghianti Foundation, 2006.
- Rassegna, International Review of Contemporary Architecture, Bologna, Editrice Compositori, March 2006 (miscellaneous articles).
- Luk, six-monthly review of art and architecture by the Ragghianti Foundation, Lucca, no. 6, January-June 2005 (miscellaneous articles).
- Opera Progetto, OP/3, International Review of Contemporary Architecture, Bologna, Editrice Compositori, May 2005 (miscellaneous articles).
Certified English-Italian freelance translations, Italy
As a member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIOL), I can provide English-Italian certified translations. Certification consists of a certificate of accuracy duly stamped and signed by me.
But I can also offer you English-Italian sworn translations. Sworn (notarised) translations for use by Italian authorities must follow a special procedure. This includes submission to the relevant Italian Court of Justice. If you need a sworn translation of an official document in Italy, please contact me for more details.
Please check with the organisation requiring the translation of your documents as to which type of certification you need.
I have provided sworn English-Italian freelance translations of the following official documents:
- Death certificates
- Birth certificates
- Marriage certificates
- Divorce certificates
- Police clearance certificates (CRBs)
- Certificates of studies (high schools and universities)
- School leavers’ certificates
- University diplomas
- ID cards, passports, driving licenses
UK translators providing sworn Spanish-English or Italian-English translations
Please contact our Italian-English translator, Simona Negroni, should you need certified, sworn or notarised translations from Italian to English for use by UK authorities or employers. For Spanish-English certified, notarised or sworn translations, please speak to Ana Ricca, Iolante’s Spanish-English translator who lives in the UK.
English-Italian translation services rates, Italy
My minimum rate is € 40 (texts with fewer than 250 words).
If the project exceeds € 40, I will charge based on word count of the original document. Translation rates usually depend on many factors. Please read Iolante’s detailed article on translation services rate calculation.
My standard rate<%