Virtual bilingual business support services
Iolante’s translators and interpreters offer a wide variety of virtual bilingual business support services for clients based in the UK and beyond. Businesses may need remote support in different situations, for different purposes and for a variety of target groups. However, not only SMEs need help in other languages. We also offer our services to traders on eBay or Amazon or private individuals who own property in a foreign country or are getting married to a foreign national or abroad.
Our translators can offer a number of remote bilingual business support services to suit individual needs. They are reliable professionals fluent in their mother tongue plus at least one other language. In short, our translators/interpreters offer their services as a virtual bilingual PA. But remember, first and foremost, they are translators, so this is likely to be a project, part-time or ad-hoc commitment.
Business to Customer Support (B2C) services
We can support you in two or more languages when dealing with customer enquiries or complaints.
We can speak to customers in their mother tongue, thus immediately taking out one obstacle to a mutually agreeable solution. Speaking the customer’s own language avoids misunderstandings, shows that their enquiry/complaint is taken seriously and defuses potentially conflict-laden situations. It also helps if the person communicating with the client is obviously not a company employee. Also, when a client sees that the company has made an effort to employ a translator to talk in their own language, clients are more likely to be cooperative to achieve a solution
Bilingual administrative support for businesses
We can also help you in your dealings with government agencies, courts, solicitors, estate agents and more. Often we do this by contacting the agency in question and getting to the root of the issue in the target language.
Some of our translators can interview prospective employees using Skype. They can thus assess their linguistic abilities in the language you are employing them for. This means that you don’t just take the applicant’s word for it that they speak Spanish, Russian or Chinese. Instead, a native speaker will tell you how good their command of the required language is.
We offer our bilingual support on an ad hoc basis, on a regular or irregular, short or long-term basis. Our translators are happy to help you with one-off projects or general administrative tasks, small or large. Whether you wish to maintain existing customer relations or create new ones, a bilingual translator/interpreter can help you achieve your goals.
Supporting your marketing projects
We can translate a presentation or speech intended for foreign delegates or a customer abroad. Our translators can ensure that the words used are easily pronounceable and coach the speaker in the pronunciation of words he or she may not be familiar with.
Some of our translators provide cultural awareness training for a number of purposes (for example our English-Chinese translator), whether needed for relocation or foreign business/customer acquisition. All our translators can provide general cultural advice for your target country based on their personal experience. If you need more detailed cultural knowledge, they can always research it in the language of the target country.
What we really like to do is help you troubleshoot problems which involve a second language.
Do you have a situation on your hand involving a foreign language? Ask one of our linguists to help you sort it out!
Bilingual support for private clients
We help private individuals who need to sort out issues with authorities, banks or other contacts outside the UK. Or we can assist with weddings abroad or those within the UK which involve foreign language speakers. Being able to address both sides of the family in their mother tongue will help to ensure that your international wedding becomes an inclusive event, enjoyable to all.
Another area for which private individuals often need bilingual support is property management. They may be in the process of buying or selling a house or flat abroad. Or they may need help with administrating/managing a property in a foreign country, be it in Spain, France, Italy or elsewhere.
Bilingual business support services in detail
Administrative assistance in two languages
- Liaise with estate agents, solicitors, banks and building societies, government authorities and departments
- Take part in video conferencing sessions via Skype
- We offer online research and data mining in the target language
- Research keywords or competitors in the language your target clients/competitors speak
- Proofread or edit documents before or after translation
- Assess prospective employees’ use of the target language by interviewing them
- Dealing with foreign language customer enquiries
- Provide transcription and précis services
We provide marketing support services
- Offering virtual assistance before and after a marketing event by translating a speech/presentation, choosing specific words that are pronounceable considering the level of proficiency by the speaker/presenter, giving advice on possible cultural implications. Coaching the speaker/presenter in the pronunciation of the relevant terms
- Providing cultural awareness training/advice for marketing projects
- Contact the relevant party by telephone to sort out a problem immediately, instead of translating lengthy documents
- Find out the nature of a customer complaint by talking to them on the phone
- Solve problems arising with respect to employment legislation for your contractors abroad in the target language
- Find the correct contact in a government department, company or organisation.
Bilingual support services for private clients
- Translate wedding invitations, speeches, menus, orders of service or anything else needed for a successful bilingual wedding. Coach the speaker in the pronunciation of the wedding speech
- Assist with property administration. For example, liaise with estate agents, banks and building societies, solicitors, government departments and authorities when buying, selling or managing property abroad. Translating bills or building specifications…